Success in the real estate business often relies on connecting with and securing potential clients. However, that is easier said than done. Social media is a great option as it allows real estate professionals to quickly reach a large audience in a specific geographic area.
Social media marketing can also build relationships with potential clients before you even meet them since you can start a conversation easily. When done correctly, social media marketing can be one of the most powerful tools a real estate business has to identify clients and promote its brand.
But not all companies are equally successful at using social media positively and successfully. These tips can help ensure your social media marketing plan is living up to its maximum potential.
- Highlight the local features: The first tenet in real estate is ‘location, location, location.’ Therefore, when posting a property, you will want to show off the local area and features, including events, markets, hangouts, festivals, and other attractions. You may also want to show what businesses are nearby. Walkability is becoming more important to many buyers, so they will want to know what features can be found nearby. Highlighting the area gives potential clients a more accurate depiction of the neighborhood, which can greatly determine a property’s attractiveness. Additionally, an accurate view of the neighborhood can keep expectations aligned with reality. It reduces the likelihood that a potential buyer will walk away from a property based on the surrounding features.
- Make your contact information very viewable: While this tip seems obvious, you’d be surprised at how many real estate posts make it hard to identify who to contact when interested in a property. Making your contact info stand out is one great way to ensure potential clients follow up with you. Clickable email links or phone numbers make it simple for clients to reach you with one touch – and once you have them on a call, you can walk through all options that may appeal to their needs.
- Keep your content fresh: A successful real estate marketing plan is a lot of work but can help your profitability. There is nothing more frustrating to potential buyers than clicking on properties they are interested in only to find out they are no longer available. Therefore, you must be sure to update your postings only to display properties on the market at any time.
- Engage in two-way conversations: One of the biggest benefits of social media marketing is that you can start a conversation with a new client anytime. While it is great to be available for clients who follow up using your contact information, it’s not enough. If they are commenting on a post, be sure to address it. You can also leverage the power of social media to provide additional information and clarification at any time using the comments. And this is another great way to show clients you are engaged and prioritize their needs.
- Pick the right platforms: As we stated previously, maintaining your social media accounts is a lot of work, and the more platforms you are on, the more work it will be. While it is true that more platforms give you access to a broader audience, you will quickly realize that some platforms are more successful at reaching your target audience than others. Therefore, it may be worth experimenting early on to identify which platforms give you the greatest return on investment for your time. Then, you can narrow your focus and stick to the ones that work for you!
- Create personal communication: Creating a social media post or following up with a quick, direct message only takes a few seconds, but it shows your clients that you are thinking about them, even when you might be busy with other clients. It’s worth checking in occasionally, as clients can greatly appreciate this gesture, and it demonstrates to potential clients that you are willing to go the extra mile.
- Provide useful content for your clients: Potential buyers are starting the process of what will likely be one of the biggest purchases in their lifetime. Therefore, many clients want information and content to help them make informed decisions. Highlighting content that appeals to clients is one great way to drive traffic and generate more interest in your services.
These tips can help you develop a social media marketing plan for your real estate business. For more information about social media marketing, contact Shomemorerealestate.com today!