Working in real estate can be a highly lucrative and rewarding career. As you build up your business, you can make a name for yourself in the industry, and clients will come to you with little effort. Unfortunately, the same isn’t true for new real estate professionals, who often have to put effort into securing their first clients.
Branding is one of the biggest hurdles new real estate professionals face. Even if your business starts small, branding will be key to improving your success and helping you gain traction in your market. And although you may be a whiz with real estate, branding may not come naturally.
However, some key strategies and tips can help you improve your success with branding and marketing, which is critical in helping your new business succeed.
- Define your niche and market area. All real estate professionals have a market area. If applicable, your licensure is likely restricted to the state in which you operate. But you may prefer to stay within a certain metropolitan area or limit your operations to a specific geographic area since it’s tough to be an expert on all areas within a state. Once you have your area defined, you will also want to define your niche, which is one great way to stand out from the competition. These examples show ways you can carve out a specialty, ensuring you attract the type of customers you seek. For example, you could specialize in first-time homebuying, purchasing from auctions, or clients looking for investment homes.
- Develop an online presence. Nearly all consumers turn to the Internet as their first source of information when considering a major real estate purchase. While traditional marketing strategies still have a place in real estate, there is a growing demand for online information. Without keeping these tools in your arsenal, you will be at a major disadvantage to your competitors. Customers searching for information online will not even know your business or services are available for assistance. But a strong online presence can be your biggest source of potential leads. You can market on third-party websites, list properties on different apps and platforms, and leverage social media strategies to build your online base and presence.
- Be consistent. No matter what type of marketing you develop or who you are targeting, it’s essential to ensure your material is consistent. It should always be aligned with your company’s core message. The more consistent and present your marketing materials are, the easier it is for existing and potential customers to recognize your brand and know your company’s values. A consistent brand will stay in the consumer’s mind longer. They will also know what to expect from your company as you build your brand and become more recognizable.
- Demonstrate value. No matter your business, it won’t succeed if customers don’t understand what value you can bring them. And this might be more true in real estate than in other industries since many buyers and sellers attempt to accomplish a purchase or sale without assistance. However, if they understand how you can help them achieve a goal – whether it’s a quick sale, increasing consumer interest, or saving time and money – they will be more likely to want your services. Therefore, you should ensure your messaging focuses on ways you can benefit them and help them meet their goals.
These tips are just the basics of branding, but they can still be very intimidating for professionals with little marketing experience. ShoMeMore Real Estate can be a strong partner for up-and-coming real estate professionals since the company can give them a leg up in building their brand. ShoMeMore Real Estate provides a place for new real estate professionals to:
- Highlight their latest listings.
- Advertise their services. This could include listings and consistent branding materials that target a niche market and provide customers with information about the value of your services. No matter your message, you can get it to a wider audience by working with ShoMeMore Real Estate.
- Gain industry information and expertise by accessing educational content, particularly information about real estate auctions, which can confuse many real estate professionals. But ignoring these market opportunities could be detrimental to your clients. Therefore, ShowMeMore Auctions is a great place to get information and guidance about navigating auctions in a way that benefits your company and its clients.
We offer different marketing products that can be useful in highlighting your listings, as well as aligning with your brand. These include:
- Listing videos
- Listing landing pages
- E-Brochure flip page
Making a name for yourself as a new real estate professional can be very difficult, especially in an uncertain market. Contact our team of experts today to learn more about leveraging ShowMeMore Real Estate to help build your brand.