Being a successful realtor can be a lucrative and rewarding career. But unlike many other industries, finding success as a realtor takes a combination of industry knowledge and connections within the community. Forging these connections to get referrals can be one of the most challenging aspects of real estate. But, clever marketing and branding can do most of the heavy lifting for you if you develop a sound marketing strategy. In today’s market, that often takes a combination of traditional marketing as well as digital marketing, including a killer website.
The following tips can help you develop a website that will stand out from the crowd and attract more consumer interest.
- Create a content library. Modern consumers are incredibly savvy, and in most instances, they aren’t willing to patronize the first company they come across in a search. One of the best ways to stand out is to be recognized as an industry leader by demonstrating in-depth knowledge about your company, the city you work in, and local real estate trends. The best way to do this is to build a content library filled with helpful information that helps current and potential clients better understand the nuances of the local real estate market. You don’t have to publish something daily, but including a new piece or two every month is good. This strategy shows that not only are you knowledgeable, but you are also committed to continuing to learn and evolve with emerging trends. It’s also worth spending a little time making sure your content is well-organized and visually appealing. That will keep consumers returning to your site whenever they need information, increasing the odds that they will call you or refer your company to anyone looking for a realtor.
- Create an in-depth profile. In addition to having expert content, you will want to appear approachable and professional. Therefore, including professional headshots and a profile is a great way to let customers know who you are, and it gives you a chance to provide a sales pitch, letting them know why they should choose you over the competition. These profiles personalize your business and help consumers put a face to the brand. It’s a great way to emotionally appeal and connect with potential clients.
- Link to social media. Social media is a great way to speak directly to your target audience. When you include links to your social media pages, it’s easy for consumers to find your brand on any platform. From there, they can easily get your updates and send you a direct message. In an industry that relies on networking, having all your channels in one centralized website allows you to reach a much broader customer base. Further, when you market on multiple channels, you can be sure to reach all segments of your consumers. In contrast, if you focus on just one social media platform, you likely won’t have as diverse of a potential customer base.
- Include video testimonials. You can talk about how great your company is all day long, but it may never be as effective as hearing it from someone else. Client testimonials are a great way to cultivate interest in your company, and written testimonials have been a longstanding feature for many websites. With recent increases in video content, this is the perfect format to let your previous customers discuss positive experiences with your company. These short videos can be very compelling for any potential clients. Seeing it on video makes creating an emotional connection with potential clients easy.
- Look at your data. With the rise in artificial intelligence and machine learning, it’s easy to get statistics about how customers interact with your sight. You can learn what features are getting the most attention, creating leads, and resulting in conversions. With this data, you can refine your site to give your audience more appealing content. These statistics often show emerging trends in consumer preferences. Therefore, your data is an invaluable tool that will help you continue to refine your website in ways that continually appeal to your current and potential customers.
Becoming successful in real estate takes much more than industry know-how. You must find ways to connect with many people. Creating an effective and appealing website is one of the best ways to do this. Following these tips and strategies is a great way to make your website stand out from the rest!